Umberleigh Village Hall Committee (UVHC)believe in equal opportunities and diversity. We strive to deliver a varied and diverse range of activities within the hall which promote a community spirit.
Our main objective is to make the village hall the social hub of our community for everyone within the village and the surrounding areas.
Umberleigh Village Hall seeks to involve volunteers to:
- Ensure our events meet the needs of our community
- Ensure the community are actively involved in our village hall
- Provide opportunities for all ages of the community to develop new skills and perspectives
- Increase our contact with more people in the community
- Help to make newcomers to the village feel welcome and part of the established community
- The UVHC is run completely by volunteers
- The UVHC will ensure that volunteers are made to feel welcome and included and that their contribution, on whatever level, is facilitated to enable them to contribute to the hall’s work
- The UVHC expects that the committee works positively with each other and with all other volunteers
- The UVHC will actively seek to attract and involve volunteers in their work
- The UVHC recognises that volunteers require appreciation and satisfaction for their contribution and will seek to help volunteers to meet these needs.
- The UVHC will provide any training required and will ensure there is a safe and pleasant environment to work in.
- Volunteers will be expected to have an understanding of and commitment to our equal opportunities policy, safe guarding policy and our health and safety policy
All volunteers will have any monies paid on behalf of the village hall reimbursed when a receipt is provided to support the expenditure.
Umberleigh Village Hall
Umberleigh, Devon, EX37 9AB
Tel: 01769 540644