TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Terms and Conditions of Hire
- The Hirer should appoint a responsible person for the event. That person should familiarise themselves with the layout of the hall, Health and safety, fire policy and procedures, safeguarding children and vulnerable adults policy.
- During the period of hire the hirer is responsible for the care and safety of the hall, all its contents and fittings and the behaviour of all persons using the hall.
- The management committee reserves the right to attend any event to ensure these conditions are being observed.
- Fireworks or smoke machines are not permitted
Damage and Accidents
- The hirer must report any damage or any accidents that happen, to the management committee.
- The hirer must enter any accidents into the Accidents Book which is kept in the village hall
Health and Safety and Hygiene
- The hirer should familiarise themselves with the health and safety notices which are in the folder in the kitchen
- The hirer must have a mobile phone available at the event
- The hirer shall comply with all the conditions made in respect of the premises by the fire authority, Local Authority and local Magistrates Court. The premises licence conditions must be observed.
- If food is being prepared and served all relevant food, health and hygiene conditions must be observed.
- Organisations hiring the hall for activities for children or vulnerable adults will be asked to confirm that they have suitable child protection policies or vulnerable adult protection policies in place before the first booking commences.
- Individuals hiring the hall for activities for children or vulnerable adults should be aware of the village hall policy which is displayed in the hall and on the website.
- The hirer shall ensure that any activities for children are supervised at all times and in compliance with local legislation.
Use of Premises
- The hirer shall not use the premises for any purpose other than that described in the hiring agreement
End of Hire
- The hirer is responsible for leaving the premises and surrounding area in a clean and tidy condition, all electrical appliances should be switched off and the building properly locked up.
- Please take your rubbish bags away with you, no rubbish should be left in the hall
Umberleigh Village Hall
Umberleigh, Devon, EX37 9AB
Tel: 01769 540644